Gleek Hunt!

Sniping gleeks as if it were no thang. Holla!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

16 Blocks

Bruce Willis is the usual broken-down cop. Things get sticky when he's asked to transfer a convict/witness to the court house and the local law enforcement doesn't want him to make it. I won't give it away, cause it's a good twist. Not an amazing movie, but entertaining, and the film's strong point is its moral. I can't remember the last time I saw a film advocating responsibility for one's actions so blatantly. Mos Def's fun to watch, knowing he grew up around people like the one he's portraying. He's one of my favorites these days.

Makes me think of History of Violence, a more artful film with a different message. If anyone's seen both or one of these films, let's get a discussion going regarding responsibility and consequences of past actions. I highly recommend both of these films, though I don't recommend History of Violence to those sensitive to strong violent and sexual content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home